Monday, July 13, 2009

VBS Day 1: YES!





Hey yall, its Hanna lee. So today was our first official day of VBS and it was awesome. I know we were all nervous, or at least I know I definitely was. All I could think was "oh man, what if i mess up?" or "what if they don't like me?" when in reality, we didn't have to even talk, and they still loved us. We started with praise and worship. As soon as we started to sing, some of the members of the church started to play drums and clap. It was amazing. We then broke up into our groups and had an action packed day full of games, crafts, snacks, bible lessons, and FUN! Even though it was really hot and some of the kids were a bit of a handful, it was still so amazing to all be together and have the kids with us. After we left the church, we came "home" and Chris and Mrs. Janice went and got us patties. The youth definitely wished we had them in North Carolina. Everything has been pretty laid back since VBS this morning but it's what we all needed. The ocean is beautiful, the people are carefree and the food for dinner is cooking. What more could you ask for? I miss you all and I can not wait to see you! I wish I could have you all here with us in this amazing place. Keep praying, we need it. ONE LOVE TO ALL OF YOU (:

1 comment:

  1. It is great to see all of you interacting with others. You seek to be the church everywhere - we can tell! We are hearing that some parents are getting calls from their youth. Hint! Hint! We are praying for each of you. It is beautiful to see the peace and joy on your faces. Love Brad and Dianne.

    ReplyDelete