Friday, July 10, 2009

We have arrived at our hotel






We got to our hotel around 7:30pm Jamaica time. We are one hour behind you at home because they do not practice day light savings. We had a great trip down other than the baggage issue. Both of our flights landed early. We experienced Jerk chicken, peas and rice, and festival bread tonight for dinner. Everyone seemed to enjoy all of the food, although they may feel it tomorrow. I am going to upload as many pictures as I can to the picture website every chance I get. The picture website is http://nbyouth.shutterfly.com/ so check there regularly to see the pictures. I'll also add some to the blog too. Our hotel is beautiful and is one of the perks of being here. There is a youth group here from Indiana too, so this should be a great week. Our drivers name is Richard and he picked us up at the airport and drove us the 2 hours to our hotel on a bus. The roads are beautiful now and travel is much easier, except for the heart stopping action packed Jamaican driving. We have orientation at 8:00am tomorrow morning. Thanks for all your support and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad everyone has arrived safe and sound. We haven't heard, so I am assuming that no one got sick from the Jerk Chicken. Misty, Abby has peanut butter crackers if you are starving. I have been worried about you. Chris, thanks for the pictures so far. I can't wait to hear about today. I will continue to pray for all especially as you go to meet "the kids". Be safe and be bold for Christ!

    Love Y'all,
    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look great. We hope you had a great day. We miss you. Nathan and Aaron, it is strange to see your cars at the house but no you! I guess we had better get used to it, huh Aaron? We have placed you in God's hands and because He is good, we know you are in good hands. We will pray for you as you prepare tomorrow and hear all that God has for you to do this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian Barr says: "Abby i miss you so much and i love you! I am glad you got to go and i hope you are having alot of fun! I will keep praying for you all!
    Love,
    Christian."

    Mary Elise says: "Abby-Gail! I miss you and love you so much. This sounds really weird but, I have never really realized how much I miss you. I guess that this trip helps you and me, it helps me to appreciate the people that I have in my life. I love you so much and I am so proud of you!!!! I love you and hope that you are doing really good. I love you and I am praying for you. Tell Chris and Hanna-Lee that I love them, miss them and I am praying fofr them. (and everyone else too!)

    With Love and Grace,
    Mary Elise Harrell

    ReplyDelete